Sunday, April 1, 2012

Crawfish

Our friends Chad and Jill (also known as Chill) hosted a crawfish boil at their awesome new house to celebrate both Chad's birthday yesterday. We decided to make it a family affair and bring Kennedy with us. The weather here is tip-toeing the fine line between a warm spring day and oh-my-god-its-too-early-to-be-this-hot. But there were lots of cold beverages on hand to keep us cool. Kennedy got to have her first juice box, and to say she enjoyed it would be an understatement. Greg and I took turns keeping her entertained outdoors and sneaking inside for a little snack or two. She got to pick up and hold a crawfish and was a little freaked out by it. I was happy to let Greg enjoy the feast while I took the little lady inside for a break from the heat. I don't do well with spicy or fish, and while these are technically freshwater crustaceans, they still won't make an appearance on my plate anytime soon. We had a great time visiting with friends and meeting some new faces. It felt like a proper kick off to the spring/summer season!

 Splashing in the basin of adult beverages.

 Jill and Amanda

The Hostess and Birthday Boy 

Beanbag toss. I'd win every time if I were allowed to get this close to the board!  



Sipping on cool beverages.  

Dig in. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, this looks like so much fun! I'm sad I missed it.

    ReplyDelete