Monday, April 30, 2012

Busy Weekend

As I mentioned in the previous post, we had quite an agenda on our Albuquerque visit. First up was playing bunco, a mindless dice game, with a bunch of my girlfriends. Rosalie hosted everyone for a hawaiian themed night. And not to brag, but I did take home the prize for the most "wins" of the evening.

 
Note to self: pressed powder. 

On Friday we celebrated my mom's birthday with gifts and a yummy lunch at one of her favorite lunch spots with my grandma and aunt. Later in the day we dropped Kennedy off with her Grauntie (my aunt Anita) so my mom, dad, brother and I could have a grown up dinner together. What a treat it is to eat at a restaurant with out a toddler!

Kennedy helped Lainey open her birthday gifts. 

Saturday my mom and I went to this cute little tea house, Mes Amis,  for a wedding shower. My cousin Chris is engaged to a lovely girl named Andrea and I was so happy to be in town for her shower. We even snuck in a little afternoon shopping since Kennedy was staying home with Gramps. Or Bamps, as she actually refers to him. I enjoyed a night out with friends while Kennedy hung out with Lainey and Bamps.

Some of the girls at the shower: Marlowe, Andrea, Brittany, Me

We did manage to find lots of time to play at the house and enjoy the nice weather. Kennedy got a few princess dresses and did not want to take them off for anything. She also loved playing basketball, splashing in the water table and playing with the slide in my parents yard. And after Gramps/Bamps washed his car she got to sit and pretend to drive all over the place.

Princess on the run!

All smiles when were outside.  

Water break. Minnie was parched. 
Also, don't mind the barcalounger in the top of the photo. That's just the neighbors unpacking the largest motor home I've ever seen. 

The flight home was early, but a total success. Kennedy scored her own seat and we had, hands down, the nicest flight attendant ever bringing her juice, crayons and Southwest wings.

Now I have 2 days to unpack and repack for our next trip to San Antonio this weekend! First legit baby-free vacation officially on the horizon. Excited and a little nervous to leave her for 4 days. I'm sure Olive will take good care of her. And if Olive needs help, Lainey and Bamps will be here, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment