Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Winning Recipe

For the second year in a row, the Hunters have brought home a victory for my Pink Flamingo margarita punch. See below for recipe.

Its a punch I came up with last year and it won first place at the Pfeiffer's annual margarita party and contest. I made a few tweaks which resulted in a little more potent punch. This year we were beat out for first place by Evan and Sally, but its ok because the winners are real margarita professionals. I mean, Evan works in the liquor business and he brought a frozen margarita machine. Not like the one you get at Bed Bath and Beyond that looks like a blender, but a real one like restaurants have. How can we compete with that?

The weather could not have been more perfect so all fun was had on the patio. We had a great time with friends and enjoyed sampling the different varieties. Everyone got really creative this year: strawberry basil, blueberry and even a Skittles infused margarita.

Can't wait for the party next year! I hope we can keep up this winning streak.

 I don't actually have flowers in my hair. 

Ellen, Lizzy, me, Caroline 

 Senor Mark, Tran, Greg and Evan

Somewhat friendly competition. 

The Batts, Tran, The Pfeiffers, The Hunters


  • The Pink Flamingo
  • 1 Can of Frozen Limeade
  • 1 Bottle of Champagne
  • 1 Can of Silver Tequila
  • 1/3 Can of Strawberry Liqueur (I used Leroux)
  • 1/2 Can of Water
  • Strawberries
  • Limes

Pour thawed limeade into pitcher with ice. Fill limeade can with tequila and pour into pitcher. Then fill limeade can  1/3 with Strawberry Liqueur and pour in. Add in champagne to taste (I like it a little on the bubbly side). Finally add water, stir and serve over ice. Garnish with fresh strawberries and lime wedges (optional). 

*Editor's note: Turns out, strawberry liqueur is not stocked everywhere and you want liqueur and not schnaps (Puckers). I had to go to a few places to find it. And you don't need a schmancy champagne for this since it's mixed with juice and other liquor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment