Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hill Country Weekend

Greg and I got to escape to the Hill Country for a little vacation this weekend. My parents flew in Wednesday night to keep Kennedy so we could go to Shep and Brooke's wedding baby-free. We drove down to San Antonio Thursday morning, checked into the hotel and went to do a little sight seeing. It was my first visit, but Greg played soccer there before transferring to the UT his sophomore year, so he's a little more familiar with the city. We did a quick loop through his old campus before we headed down to the River Walk. We didn't really want to do much walking, we were in more of a sit-and-sip-margaritas kind of mood and found the perfect spot on the water to do just that.

The rest of the weekend was filled with cabanas, water slides, pool parties (and sun burns), golf, cocktails and general merriment. The wedding was absolutely gorgeous and my iPhone pics from the reception don't even do the tables justice. Brooke, the bride, is an interior designer with her own store in Midland. We knew it would be well done, but it was breathtaking walking into the reception. Roses everywhere. Hands down the best wedding food I've had. We were apparently carb loading for a night of dancing because there was a mashed potato bar, mac and cheese bar, risotto bar and prime rib station. The band had us all dancing before food was even served.

We have some awesome friends and family in Midland and it was sad to say good-bye Sunday morning. They were all trying their best throughout the weekend to sell us on moving to Midland.

By Sunday morning, I was anxious to get home and see Kennedy. We were so busy all weekend that I didn't have much time to miss her. But by the time we were leaving San Antonio I was ready to give her a squeeze. I know she had a great time with my parents and kept them on their toes all weekend. I'd share some pictures of her weekend, but I think she wore my parents out so much that they didn't even bring out the camera!

 
Mariachis and margaritas. (And a fresh manicure)

The Wedding Hunters 

Mr. & Mrs. Sites plus all the ladies at the wedding.  

Roses galore. 

 First dance. And the last time the dance floor was empty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment