Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Slumber Party

I hadn't planned on moving Kennedy to a big girl bed for quite some time. I didn't see any need for it and she absolutely loved her bed. Loved. Past tense. A few afternoons ago, she declared she was finished with her crib. "No crib, bed" is what she told me over and over at nap time while carrying her stuff to the guest room or our room. I do partially blame Elmo for this sudden stance on where she sleeps. I downloaded Big Enough for a Bed before getting on airplane with her and now she reads it all the time.

Anyway, after some failed attempts in the crib (she can and did climb out) and a series of temper tantrums, I brought in her nap mat from school and put it on the floor as a last ditch effort. She literally laid down with out a fight and slept for 2 hours. The same thing happened at bedtime Monday night.

She is now happily sleeping on her nap mat (on a quilt with all her sleeping friends) on the floor in her room. Since we hadn't planned on the toddler bed happening for a while, we don't have everything we need (I don't think) to convert her crib just yet. Hopefully by this weekend we will have it all set up.

I knew it had to happen at some point, but my baby is officially a big girl now.

 Slumber party with all our sleeping friends: (l to r) fish, chicken, Minnie, Mickey, baby, sheep and seahorse

Bedtime stories. 

1 comment: