Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patty's Day

We have some special visitors in town from ABQ, my college friends Jessica and Sam, plus Sam's daughter Kaylie. Kennedy and Kaylie are only 4 days apart. I can't believe I didn't order a themed outfit for St. Patricks Day, despite my previous posts about the Irishish shirts! Anyway, we put a little green on the girls and headed to Northpark to meet our friends. I was excited to introduce Sam and Jess to all my Dallas friends and introduce Kaylie to all the babies. The weather was a little too windy for a picnic, so we took over a section of tables upstairs. After lunch, Jess, Sam and I headed out for what turned into kind of a marathon shopping trip.

Despite my Irishish heritage, I can't stand the whole corned beef and cabbage thing. So, in lieu of traditional Irish fare, we opted for BBQ brisket and picked it up on the way home. Jess headed out to meet some of our other friends (also in town) for a St. Patty's Day celebration sans babies. Sam and I had a more baby friendly evening with the jumperoo and some wine.

Hope everyone had a fun St. Patty's Day!

Olive is freshly groomed with her festive green bandana.

Irishish lad and his lasses.

Just doing a little core work, this here is a side plank.

Our make-shift St. Patty's Day cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment