Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Arts & Crafts

Kennedy and I took a break from baking Christmas cookies and tree trimming today for an arts and crafts project. We met our friends at Purple Glaze, a place where you can paint your own pottery. Not to get all Debbie Downer here, but I went into this project with somewhat low expectations. I kind of figured it was going to be a painting FAIL, but it would be fun to try anyway. Upon guidance from The Internet, I knew I could probably get her foot stamped on something, but the handprint seemed like a lofty aspiration. This turned out to be a 2 adult project, so lucky for me, Caroline's daughter was napping when she arrived. She painted Kennedy's fingers while I held her hand open. It took a few tries, but we got it! I had intended to paint a bunch of handprint ornaments for Christmas gifts, but the single hand took a while...and you pay by the hour at this place. So instead, Kennedy has a really cute plate with a pink handprint and pink and green polka dots. We pick it up on Sunday, pictures to follow.




No comments:

Post a Comment