Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! This was our first year to have family at our house for the holiday. We've had visitors come for Thanksgiving in NY, but we'd all head over to The Marshall house for an expertly cooked bird and trimmings. Ashley is a legit cook. This was the first time Greg and I would be preparing an entire Thanksgiving dinner on our own.

This was intimidating. I can bake. I know that. But I'm not so sure about my turkey cooking abilities. So I prepared the best way I knew how. I called Eatzi's. Wednesday afternoon I went and picked up an entire Thanksgiving meal: roasted turkey, dressing, gravy, potatoes, green beans, rolls, cornbread, pumpkin pie and some sort of chocolate something or other for the non-pumpkin pie fans. Ahem, me.

Thursday morning we picked up Grammyflash and Big Poppa at the airport and headed to the house for lunch. Following lunch while Kennedy napped, they watched football and I got to do a little sewing. Pretty nice little afternoon! We changed into our sportswear and went for a walk to the park to work up an appetite for dinner. Kennedy really loved playing football with Daddy and Big Poppa.

Greg and Grammyflash helped set the table while I poured a glass of wine and cooked (ok, reheated) dinner in the oven and used all my pretty serving pieces. Had you not seen the To-Go boxes from Eatzi's, I might have been able to fool everyone into thinking I cooked the entire thing. Anyway, it was delish. Really, it was outstanding.

After we sufficiently stuffed ourselves it was time to put Kennedy to bed and relax. Greg and his parents watched the Texas vs A&M game (Texas won!) and I drank wine and sewed a little.

We had a wonderful day and got a good night's rest for our adventure the next day: going to see the Shrek ICE sculptures at the Gaylord Texan Resort.

 Grammyflash, Big Poppa and a Little Turkey

Sporty Spice. 

Loves the sportsball. 

Daddy.  

Football with Big Poppa and Daddy.  

G carving the turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment