Sunday, October 17, 2010

Uncle Pickles

This weekend we had a special visitor come to Dallas, my youngest brother, Alex. It is his college fall break and he decided to come spend some time with his niece (and sister, and brother-in-law, too).

Since I knew Alex was excited to have some one-on-one time with Kennedy, I asked him if he wanted to babysit for me on Friday while I got my hair done. I knew he would do great and I was only planning to be gone a couple hours. I tried to prepare him as much as possible: I made sure Kennedy had a nice long morning nap, I had bottles made and ready to go and walked him through diaper changing. But no amount of training could prepare him for what appeared in her diaper shortly after I left.

There was only one thing I was actually worried about, and that was Kennedy having a big poopy diaper. Now, Kennedy is a lady, so we don't blog about her 'business' but she had not gone Number 2 in a few days (BTW this is normal). So you can imagine what it is like when she saves up. Actually, don't imagine it, its gross. But as I was getting my hair blown out my phone rang. I knew exactly what he was calling about. A very nervous Uncle Pickles was on the line asking me to please walk him through changing a poopy diaper. He survived his first major diaper change and I assured him she was finished. Spoiler alert: she wasn't. I was about halfway home when my phone rang again. He was concerned with how much she was grunting...and then...she filled another diaper. Lucky for him, I was very close to the house and was able to come in and take over.

After the diapers had been changed and Kennedy was fed, I took Alex and his mustache to a few beer stores so he could add to his collection. I really felt like Mother Of The Year walking Kennedy around in the stroller in The Majestic, a massive liquor store. He was in beer heaven and all his precious beers made it back to Albuquerque in one piece.

Alex is to beer as Amanda is to shoes.

On Saturday we all went to the Arboretum to walk through pumpkin town and enjoy the nice weather. We stopped at the super Whole Foods for some lunch and afternoon drinks before putting Alex, and all his beer, on a plane back to ABQ.

It was a fun weekend and it really meant a lot to me and Greg that he wanted to spend his college Fall Break in Dallas with us.

Kennedy and her Uncle Pickles.









No comments:

Post a Comment