Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day of...

School for Kennedy. And work for mommy.

We met Kennedy's new teachers and classmates yesterday morning in preparation for today's start of the new school year. I was happy to see a bunch of familiar faces from last year in our class again this year. Drop off went much smoother - she knows the kinds of fun activities they will do, like painting, singing, going to chapel and playing on the playground. But this year she knows mommy is only gone for a little bit but always comes back. I think last year she thought I was dropping her off for good. As if! Anyway it was cute to pick her up and have her tell me all the fun things they did today.

I also began something new today. My friend Jill started a stationary business a while back, Stamped Paper Co., and it has been incredibly successful. I'll be helping her part-time and it was fun to sit and gossip while we did our work. Jill is one of my only friends who enjoys fine television programming such as (but certainly not limited to): Dance Moms, The Bachelor(ette), Real Housewives of Anywhere, etc. 

We both had great first days and I am thinking that is a sign of good things to come!


 Excited to meet our teachers. 

Loves to play in the kitchen. 

How did they know she would want her name tag to be pink!? 

Kennedy and Emily ready for school.  

Happy girls. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Check it out at babywink10.blogspot.com!

    :)

    I love Kennedy's outfit for her first day back at school. So stylish!

    ReplyDelete