Monday, June 14, 2010

Watermelon Baby

So technically 37 weeks means I am full term and the baby can safely be born anytime now. I am not having any real signs of labor, but the braxton hicks contractions I have been having for weeks now are definitely much stronger. I also have an awesome pregnant waddle.

It has been smooth sailing up to this point but I am starting to get pretty uncomfortable. I guess its understandable though since I am carrying around a watermelon in my belly and the heat index was 103 today. My activity level has considerably slowed down and I've found that I am good for 1-2 activities a day before I am completely wiped out. This week I have some fun stuff planned including some pool time, lunch with friends and a pre-natal massage at Bliss on Friday morning.

We are trying to take advantage of how easy it is for to be out and about - I know this will change dramatically when the baby comes. On Friday, we met up with our friends Caroline and Mark for a dinner at a "cool" Dallas restaurant. I look about 15 months pregnant and they have a brand new baby girl - we didn't really look like the majority of the clientele, who were mostly not super pregnant and not toting a new baby, but we had a great time.

I wasn't up to posing for an updated belly pic - so Greg took one for the team.









No comments:

Post a Comment