Monday, June 28, 2010

Almost There...

After a busy weekend of cleaning, organizing, installing the car seat and washing the last of the baby's clothes - I think we are as ready for this baby as we are ever going to be.

This morning I had my weekly check up and I am measuring 38 weeks and 5 days. I haven't started dilating yet so my doctor decided to schedule an induction next Wednesday, July 7, unless the baby comes on its own before then. She said it is definitely a possibility that even though I haven't started dilating yet, I can still go into labor before the 7th. So we will see what happens over the next week!

Other than feeling like I am might just be pregnant forever, I feel pretty good. Pregnancy has been good to me and I have really enjoyed it. I am lucky that I haven't had any extreme symptoms, though as of last week I am dealing with a little pregnancy carpal tunnel. Its pretty common and will go away on its own, but in the meantime I have some awesome wrist guards I get to wear...which I choose to only wear in the privacy of our home.

This week I am getting out and about as much as possible to meet friends for lunch, treat myself to frozen yogurt, and manis & pedis while I can. And I am looking forward to my mom coming in town on Friday, and celebrating my birthday this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment