Thursday, September 5, 2013

First Week of School

Kennedy finished her first week at the new preschool, and so far, is really enjoying it! Its a new school with all new friends and I was curious to see how she would adjust. We went to the meet the teacher event last Friday where she got to go on a scavenger hunt through her new class with her new classmates. The room is huge and has lots of fun stuff for her to play with. There are two little girls in her class she has buddied up with and the teacher told me they are playing very well together.

On the first day, I didn't think I would get emotional, but after I dropped her off I had to choke back a little sniffle. She has been going to MDO for the past two years, but she just looked so big walking into her class. She also told me "I don't even need you anymore!" in a sweet little voice (meaning she didn't need me in the classroom with her), and that about sent me over the edge. But she was excited and I was happy to see her so happy to go to school.

She is going three days a week, and because the 3's class doesn't nap, they are pretty action packed days. She is definitely tired when I bring her home, though not tired enough to take a nap, of course. In addition to the regular 3's pre-k curriculum, they go to chapel, the library, music class and PE every day. They do get a little quiet story time after lunch to recharge for the afternoon.

I am really happy with her teacher and am excited to see how much she learns and grows this year.

Kennedy on the first day at her new preschool. 
And thanks to Jill at Stamped Paper Co for our cute sign. 

Such a pose. 

Afterschool treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment