Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Picking Out Pumpkins

Last weekend Greg and I took Kennedy to Owen's Farm to pick out a pumpkin, and do other farm related activities.

There was a petting zoo set up where you could walk around and feed the goats through the safety of a fence. They were very aggressive goats. I'm reaching my limit on petting zoos (we seem to encounter them frequently, is this a Texas thing?) and I didn't want to deal with them nudging me for food. I took the first turn walking with Kennedy and feeding them. Third goat we got to snatched my cup of food. I can't be certain, but I am pretty sure I heard the other goats chanting, "Be aggressive. B. E. Aggressive."

The farm had a hayride set up and Kennedy was quite excited to ride on the tractor. And she loved walking through the pumpkin selection and picking one out. She had enough excitement by the time mommy pulled out the camera, and if you look closely, you can see a tube of mini M&Ms in my hand. Bribery for photos. She was so intent on not taking a picture that not even the lure of chocolate could get her to sit down and smile.

It was a great day for the Hunters at the farm and we look forward to making this an annual trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment