Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gramps

Gramps (my dad) came to Dallas for a conference on Thursday and stayed with us through the weekend. Normally when my mom comes to town the list of things to-do starts and ends with shopping. But I wasn't going to take my dad on a shopping Tour de Dallas so this took a little more thought and luckily the weather cooperated with my plans. Kennedy is usually a bit slow to warm up to Gramps, but this time she was laughing and playing with him in no time.

We went on a picnic at the Arboretum on Friday. It was packed, the most crowded I have ever seen it. I guess everyone is trying to enjoy the outdoors before it turns into a schvitz. We managed to find a bench in the shade for lunch and a shady spot in the grass to let Kennedy crawl around. She made her way to the flowers and promptly filled her mouth with dirt and bark. Lovely. My little lady eats dirt. The crawling didn't last long since she wanted to put everything in her mouth: grass, flowers, stroller tires, etc.

The most exciting part of the weekend was Kennedy crawling. She had been taking a few crawls here and there, but was mostly using her Corkscrew method to move about. It was fun to have my dad here to see her conquer such a big milestone. I think she might have been showing off for him.





No comments:

Post a Comment