Friday, May 9, 2014

Chloe: Half a Year

It seems almost impossible to me that Chloe is already six months old. Our life can get crazy and hectic, and sometimes I have to remind myself to just slow down a minute and take it all in.

At six months old, Chloe is able to sit up on her own! This makes her very happy and is her preferred position for playing. I still put a pillow behind her, sometimes she gets excited, throws herself backwards and I don't want her bonking that cute little noggin.

She continues to be a good little sleeper and has transitioned from being swaddled to being in just a sleep sack at night. She kept rolling on her tummy with her arms swaddled, and could't flip back over. We went cold turkey on dropping the swaddle and she has been perfectly happy. She is an active sleeper. It is hilarious to watch her move from one end of the crib to the other. She likes the paci but isn't as attached to it as Kennedy was.

She has her first tooth. It broke through this week, and I have to say, its the cutest thing.

She started eating solid foods and so far, carrots have been the clear front runner for her favorite. Right now, I am making her food, and I will keep it up as long as I can. We got a little Babycook and its so handy. It steams and purees all in the same little contraption and I have just been freezing everything left over in ice cube trays. Right now, I am building up quite a food stash in the freezer.

Chloe is so relaxed and easy going. She is happy and entertains herself with her hands and feet. She loves books. She loves Olive. She is just a content and sweet little girl.

Kennedy just adores Chloe and visa versa. It is really sweet to see Kennedy stop what she is doing to go sing to, play with or check on Chloe. And what I love is, I don't ask her to do those things, she does them because she wants to. Kennedy likes to be the one to go in Chloe's room first in the morning to wake her up and Chloe just lights up when Kennedy is around. Today Chloe seemed a little bothered by her new tooth and when I explained teething to Kennedy, she got really upset. When I asked why she was so upset she said it was because she didn't want Chloe hurting. So sweet.

Six Month Stats
Weight: 14.8 lbs (25%)
Height: 26.25 in



She went to her first concert at the Arboretum. 

She tried food for the first time. 

She loves to sit up and play. Especially with Kennedy. 

Sweet Sisters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment